ADVANCED Level Papermaking and Paper Art Course takes place this coming Sunday (21st of Jul.) in Inistioge, Co. Kilkenny. The introduction by the artist Tunde Toth:
FOLLOW-ON COURSE on HAND PAPERMAKING TECHNIQUES and CONTEMPORARY PAPER ART:
21st July (Sunday) 10.30am – 5.30pm
at the new Community Hall in the centre of INISTIOGE village, Co. Kilkenny
This is an advanced level course suitable for participants with some previous experience in hand papermaking processes (traditional or contemporary);
it is also designed to suit those of you who have participated at any of my papermaking/paper art courses previously.
The workshop is tailored to the interests and needs of those attending,
offering a creative space, time and professional advice for working on individual ideas.
Processes and areas covered (priorities will be given upon request):
- Three dimensional and sculptural works; moulded, shaped, textured paper projects
- Handmade papers for artworks and crafts: intaglio printmaking, calligraphy, painting/drawing/writing/
- Ideas and planning for installation projects and large scale works
- Preparation for various projects using pure plant material: preparation of plant pulps without the use of chemicals; combination of pulps and silk fibre papers;
- Paper sizing, strengthening, dyeing, painting;
- Batik on handmade plant and silk papers;
- Hand Papermaking in primary school education and community art projects
Participants are invited and encouraged to bring their own works/ideas/plans/sketches/
questions etc with them –
we would love to see what are you working on and what are you interested in!
The course is designed for a small group so places are limited.
This programme is only available once or twice in a year so please call to book your place as soon as possible!!
Workshop Fee: € 75 for the full day, INCLUDING ALL MATERIALS, coffee/tea/refreshments.
Bookings are confirmed with € 30 deposit paid in advance.
Tunde Toth, Killeen, Inistioge, Co. Kilkenny